Our WorkLife Values: what we believe about work
• Every follower of Christ is in "full-time" ministry. Every believer is a minister.
• Our individual "calling" is principal to everything we do. We are first called to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, then a fruitful ministry that flows from this relationship. Our work is one major focus of this calling and thus is ordained by God for His purposes.
• The separation and division of a "sacred" calling from a "secular" calling is counter productive and a non scriptural view of a person's role in the Church body.
• God is a worker. God views work in the world as an act of worship to Him, and a crucial platform for reaching the world for Christ. Work was created by God and is a holy calling. John 5:17
• Our global work platform is one of the largest mission fields in the world, and where Christians spend more than 50% of their waking hours and interact with the majority of their relationships.
• The local church is called to equip and empower God's people to do the "work of ministry" through their whole life, including their work. Ephesians 4:11-12
• The local church (gathered church) is God's institution for corporate ministry, and a believer's life at work (ministry) should be an active and integral extension (scattered church) of the local congregation's ministry and mission.
• Our focus in equipping the body is inclusive. We are dedicated to helping all believer's who work. We define work inclusively to include all forms of work and all occupations.
Our WorkLife Principles: the foundation of our strategies, curriculum and tools
Our Life in Work Principles cover the full spectrum of a person's work life, from beliefs to skill to relationships, giving you a work life that is fully aligned with God.
These six principles represent the core biblical areas upon which our curriculum, solutions, and tools are built.
See the 6 Biblical Principles upon which all of our tools and strategies are built.
Our Faith Beliefs:
WE BELIEVE the Holy Bible to be the complete, inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
WE BELIEVE there is only one God, eternally existent in 3 persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
WE BELIEVE in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to earth in power and glory.
WE BELIEVE that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
WE BELIEVE that the only way eternal life is received is by faith alone in Jesus Christ and His atoning death for our sins and in a personal salvation given as a free gift of God, received by faith.
WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of spiritual death.
WE BELIEVE that every believer is commissioned to go into the world and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and to teach them to obey the commands of Jesus Christ.